As a menswear blogger, I always have an unconscious and unresolved need for more—more brogues, more selvage, more chambray, more, more, more. One way I fight this urge is to splurge every now and again (or ask others to shell out on my behalf) on those items that I know will last, if not a lifetime, then at least quite a while. These trappings can and should extend beyond the closet, too. Now, a candle won't be around forever, but the stress reduction derived from sitting down in a lounge chair, strumming a custom electric, and lighting that candle will certainly add minutes to your life.
(Clockwise from top left)
1. Anachronorm wool zip shirt ($380, Union)
2. Filson Greenwood wool jacket ($425, Filson)
3. The Real McCoy gray sweatshirt ($250, Inventory)
4. Tellason selvage denim ($198, Tellason)
5. Inventory fig, sunwashed oak, and amber candle ($45, Inventory)
6. Four Horsemen x Viberg service boots ($595, Four Horsemen)
7. Fender Custom Shop David Gilmour signature Stratocaster electric guitar (from $4,000, Guitar Center)
8. Eames lounge chair and ottoman (from $3,314, DWR)
For more of Brennan's favorite things, head over to the Pursuit Aesthetic. Bookmark it, even.