Even for the most skilled dressers, assembling a killer outfit sometimes requires a little more inspiration than the average online shopping experience provides. Enter Roxana Altamirano, the genius behind Nerd Boyfriend, the style blog that offers step-by-step instructions for re-creating ensembles worn by icons ranging from Ingmar Bergman to Willie Nelson. Now she's guest blogging on details.com every week. Have a hero you want to see featured? Just leave a note in the comments and we'll see what we can do.
The Rolling Stones pose in a London park circa 1964. Striped patterns, slim-cut trousers, polos, exaggerated collars, and elegant boots, as seen on the young modernists then, continue to be presented on the runways today—check out Farah Vintage, Burberry Prorsum, and YSL's Spring/Summer 2011 collection.
From left to right, Bill Wyman, Charlie Watts, Keith Richards, Mick Jagger, and Brian Jones.
1. Bill Wyman: Vivienne Westwood high-collar white woven shirt
2. Charlie Watts: ASOS Smart black slim-cut trousers
3. Keith Richards: Original Penguin polo
4. Mick Jagger: Hentschman baby blue Henry jacket
5. Brian Jones: Banana Republic striped blazer