Last July, Tennessean Robby Novak, age 9, delivered his inaugural YouTube address as Kid President. When a January speech called "A Pep Talk From Kid President to You," encouraging adults to "be more awesome," went viral, Novak became a sensation. Here, five reasons the kid deserves your vote.
1. He's irrepressible. Because of a genetic condition, Kid President has steel rods inserted in his legs, yet he still busts a move on camera.
2. He's a master of the media. "Pep Talk" alone more than doubled the all-time views of Rainn Wilson's three-year-old online start-up SoulPancake, which has hosted Novak's show since October.
3. He speaks to his base. Kid President spotlights other inspiring youngsters, like when he presented a Medal of Awesome to 11-year-old twins Ben and Sam Tollison of A Monster to Love, a charity that provides stuffed animals to refugees.
4. He's racking up endorsements. Using a split-screen format, the pint-size prez has sung with Josh Groban, partied with Andrew W.K., and penned a letter to Santa with Nick Hornby.
5. He's a Beltway power player. Kid President cohosted this year's White House Easter-egg roll with Adult President, a.k.a. Barack Obama.