Since 2011, Club Monaco's VP of men's design Aaron Levine has created some of the brand's best-selling lines. With Aaron on-hand, the brand opened their first ever Men's Shop in Hong Kong.
"Levine has a "relentless love of product, fabric, and menswear in general" says style blogger Michael Williams (A Continuous Lean). "He's a mad man when it comes to this stuff."
Here, Levine tells us his two essential "building blocks of personal style," how to mix high fashion with classics, and why etiquette is the ultimate complement to any wardrobe.
1. Classics are classics for a reason, such as a white oxford button-down, a silk tie, or a navy blazer. Putting them together in your own way shows individuality. You'll never look foolish in a classic.
2. Less is more. The mentality of things getting better with time is a great philosophy to live by.
3. I'm a firm believer in etiquette. There's nothing more stylish than holding the door for someone and being a gentleman. Be courteous, kind, and respectful.
4. Knowing who you are and being comfortable with yourself are the building blocks to personal style. Personally, I feel more comfortable and confident in my favorite pair of denim. I like to pair them with a great sport coat, shirt, and tie. I ultimately remain true to my personal style, while dressing appropriately for every occasion.
5. You have to be able to laugh at yourself.
6. Travel! It's crucial to enjoy and appreciate local food and customs other than your own.
7. My style staples are mixing fashion must-haves with timeless classics. For example, mixing a cashmere cardigan with a beat-up t-shirt, denim, a decent watch, and English shoes.
8. It's not the clothes, it's the man (in the right clothes).