The week's top stories from the Details Network contributors.
- If you like to think of yourself as a batter approaching the plate every time you open your closet, you'll appreciate this sartorial home run: a leather-sleeved varsity jacket with a quilted lining and double-welt pockets from Billionaire Boys Club. (Cult Edge)
- If you're not feeling ballsy (last sports pun, we swear) enough to slip into a varsity jacket this fall, opt instead for a tried-and-true wardrobe staple: a denim jacket. This handy round-up includes picks from APC, Neighborhood Stockman, and Undercover. (Third Looks)
- This week, menswear guru Todd Snyder opened up about his first Champion sweatshirt, his stint at J.Crew, and his forthcoming womenswear collection. He also talks about wearing the same ratty sweatshirt he wore to the gym on dates. Whatever, we trust him that it was cool at the time. (Average Man Fitness & Style)
- Speaking of sweatshirts, Neil Barrett rocked a color-blocked version with leather accents from his Fall '13 collection to Prada's fashion week party in Milan. As blogger Joseph Hambry points out, the look was casual without any undue bagginess—the key to sweatshirt-wearing success. (A Mug of Joe)
- Inventory has long been one of our favorite indie reads, and now it's one of our favorite stores. Their latest collection is packed with layered-up looks that provide plenty of styling ideas for brisk October days ahead. (Beyond Fabrics)
—Blair Pfander. Follow her at @blairpfander.