The week's top stories in fashion news.
- If your web-browsing is 50% fashion-related and 50% cat-themed, then get ready to preorder United Bamboo's 2014 cat calendar, CheckMEOWT, on Tuesday, October 1st. There's no better way to schedule your days than with the inspiration of a few dapper felines wearing car coats and flannels. Unless, of course, you prefer dogs. (United Bamboo)
- When Isabel Marant's H&M collaboration drops November 14th, expect to see guys shivering in the 5am line around the block right next to the gals. Judging by the preview pics on Global Grind this week, the collection (which marks the designer's first foray into menswear) will include nubby knits, cream-colored denim, and Marant's signature cowboy-inspired separates. (GlobalGrind)
- These days, to be a successful hip-hop artist you need to keep one toe dipped in the fashion pool. This week, Jay-Z's rumored collaboration with Barney's New York was confirmed by the retailer's Instagram feed, which previewed the collection logo. As one relieved commenter pointed out, "Thank GOD it wasn't #Kanye." (Complex)
- Every shop needs a little art-world street cred (see: Rem Koolhaas at Prada). For the opening of its massive, 15,000-square-foot flagship at Columbus Circle, Hugo Boss tapped artist Marco Brambilla to create a video installation to be shown inside the glass atrium of the Time Warner Cable building. Titled "Anthropocene," the preview video shows natural landscapes rendered in trippy, psychedelic colors. (YouTube)
- If you're like us, then that crisp fall breeze makes you hanker for apples, cider, and long, leisurely walks through the woods. Now, newly-launched e-commerce site Westerlind makes it easy to get all autumnally rugged without looking like an actual lumberjack. You can sort the stylish stock by brand, gender, product type, and categories like "camp," "sail," "hike," and "swim." (Westerlind)
—Blair Pfander. Follow her at @blairpfander.