Since designers Elisa Dahan and Eran Elfassy launched upscale outerwear brand Mackage in 2000, they've steadily—and impressively—grown their presence to over 20 countries around the world.
The Canadian duo told us why you should get dressed from the ground up, the right pair of pants to wear with a peacoat, and why a well-cultivated wardrobe is the ultimate form of self-respect
1. Fit is key. There's nothing quite like a man in a perfectly fitted pair of jeans.
2. Simplicity is everything: no more than three pieces of jewelry or colors per outfit.
3. The devil is in the details. Yes, people will notice your wrinkly shirt and unmatched socks.
4. Experiment with your style; it's the only way you'll learn what and who you want to be.
5. We're big fans of the rolled up cuff, but to ensure it's done properly, you must see the ankle.
6. When you're looking to dress up, start from the bottom up. Pick your shoes and the rest will flow.
7. When wearing a peacoat, go with a slim fit pant. It balances the whole look out.
8. When in doubt go for your white tee, black leather jacket, and your favorite pair of jeans.
9. Dressing well is, in a very real way, a form of respect; respect for yourself and those around you.