Which Running Shoes Are Best for You?
1. For Barefoot Wannabes: Nike Flyknit Trainer +
At 7.7 ounces, this ultralight shoe fits like a sock while offering protection from pebbles and glass shards.
2. For Extra Support: Asics Gel-Kayano 18
Lighter than it looks, thanks to a mesh upper, but has a substantial arch support and a cushioned sole.
3. For Speed: Newton Distance Neutral Light Weight Trainer
Light enough for speed but stable enough for intense training. The flat sole helps engage your entire front foot with each step.
4. For Stride Correction: Saucony Kinvara 3
Because its sole is designed to encourage forefoot landing, this is perfect for those who are ready to cut out the heel strikes.
5. For the City: Adidas AdiZero Rush
Offers nearly the same support as a trail shoe but is a featherweight 6.7 ounces. Best for urban runners who have to negotiate busy streets.