1. Upgrade to an elegant designer beach towel you'll be proud to lay on the sand.
Towel ($145) by Shipley & Halmos.
2. You've probably spotted city guys in espadrilles, but the easy canvas slip-ons were made for seaside excursions.
Espadrilles ($36) by Soludos.
3. An oversize, zippered canvas tote keeps your stuff from getting sandy or wet.
Bag ($395) by WANT Les Essentiels de la Vie.
4. Block the sun with a chic bucket hat that's both sophisticated and protective.
Hat ($300) by Hermès.
5. Instead of a tank top, wear a soft crewneck tee for a look that works as well by the sea as on city streets.
T-shirt ($42) by UNIS.
6. Trim pleated shorts that hit at the knees transition effortlessly from seaside to tableside.
Shorts ($445) by Dolce & Gabbana.
7. Square-framed sunglasses pair well with everything from swim trunks to chinos.
Sunglasses ($380) by Oliver Goldsmith.
8. A warm wool pullover provides cozy and stylish protection once the sea breeze picks up.
Sweater ($295) by Billy Reid.
9. The Leica MP à la carte is a camera you can customize down to the leather trim and engraving.
Camera ($8,190) by Leica.
10. George Pelecanos' fast-paced crime thriller was practically crafted for beach reading.
The Cut by George Pelecanos ($26).
11. Wear a casual button-down shirt in a beach-friendly material like light cotton or linen.
Shirt ($325) by Canali.
12. Opt for fast-drying polyester or nylon trunks in a pattern that's playful—not loud.
Swim trunks ($165) by Zegna Sport.
13 & 14. Don't forget skin care: face moisturizer, sunscreens, and lip balm all shield against the sun, while a cooling mist helps you refresh.
Lip balm ($7.50) by Jack Black.
Sunscreen ($34) by Kiehl's.
Mineral Tinted Gel Sunscreen ($24) by MD Solar Sciences.
Oxygen Spray ($15) by Task Essential.
Spray sunscreen ($15) by Sun Bum.