Yes, he's back on the market. But before you get in line to start dating the suddenly single Tom Cruise, you'd better know a little about his dating and marrying habits, right?
• • •
1. What is Tom Cruise's middle name?
2. Who was Tom Cruise's first wife?
A. Rebecca DeMornay
B. Mimi Rogers
C. Nicole Kidman
D. Penelope Cruz
3. On what movie set did Tom Cruise meet future (ex-)wife Nicole Kidman?
B. Far and Away
C. Days of Thunder
D. The Perils of Psychiatry: A Scientology Investigation
4. Who served as best man at Cruise and Kidman's wedding?
A. Scientology head honcho David Miscavige
B. His brother-in-law
C. Rain Man co-star Dustin Hoffman
D. Top Gun costar Val Kilmer
5. According to Nicole Kidman's divorce filings, Tom Cruise filed to end their marriage while she was …
A. Having an affair with a country singer.
B. Pregnant with his baby.
C. Attempting to convert him to Kabbalah.
D. Trying to convince him to give her the lead in the Mission: Impossible franchise.
6. What did Nicole Kidman famously tell David Letterman she finally could do after her split from Cruise?
A. Date again
B. Go to church
C. Do movies with Mel Gibson
D. Wear high heels again
7. Which of the following is not the name of one of Tom Cruise's children?
A. William Mapother
B. Connor Anthony
C. Isabella Jane
8. What did a young Katie Holmes, then engaged to American Pie actor Chris Klein, tell Seventeen magazine in 2004?
A. "I look at these starlets who marry forty-something guys for the fame and the money, and I think, 'Ew.'"
B. "Chris and I are going to be together for a long time. I can just feel it. And he's going to be the next Pitt or Clooney, or Cruise."
C. "I think every little girl dreams about her wedding. I used to think I was going to marry Tom Cruise."
D. "Chris and I have been talking baby names. Definitely something normal, like Jane or Mary. Not one of those crazy Hollywood names, like Tree or Sari."
9. What movie was Tom Cruise supposed to be promoting when he began jumping on the couch and proclaiming his love for Katie Holmes during a 2005 interview with Oprah Winfrey?
A. Mission: Impossible 3
B. War of the Worlds
D. Minority Report
10. Where did Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes get married?
A. Odescalchi Castle in Italy
B. Luttrellstown Castle in Ireland
C. Chateau Vaux-le-Vicomte in France
D. Skibo Castle in Scotland
11. What did Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes claim the name Suri meant in a foreign language when they announced their daughter to the world?
A. Red rose
NOTE: Scroll down for answers and explanations.
• • •
• • •
—Michael Y. Park is a writer living in New York City and a regular contributor to Details.com.