Wherever you're headed this winter, we've got you covered. Here are two perfect vacation bags, one for sun-drenched destinations and another for chilly climes.
1. Nothing is warmer than a down jacket. Get a stylish version, like this one with a marled chest and sleeves. Jacket ($3,995) by Brioni.
2. When it's cut slim, a plaid flannel shirt provides the perfect blend of practicality and understated style. Shirt ($50) by Gap.
3. Use a daily face cleanser with aloe to keep skin smooth and moisturized. Pure Clean Daily Facial Cleanser ($12) by Jack Black.
4. A multipurpose skin-repair stick heals chapped lips, cracked skin, small cuts, and windburned hands. Remedies Multi-Purpose Repair Stick ($16) by McBrides.
5. A winter cologne, like this subtly floral scent with fresh notes of gardenia, bergamot, and Italian mandarin, will help thaw out your senses. Boutonniere No. 7 ($175) by Arquiste.
6. When your Dopp kit is croc-embossed, you'll be less inclined to hide it under the sink. Dopp kit ($475) by Smythson.
7. Travel in true style with a roomy, bench-made leather weekender. Bag ($648) by Coach Men's.
8. With a scarf as elegant as this reversible polka dot number, you need to pack only one. Scarf ($112) by Berg & Berg.
9. Add a pop of color to your winter wardrobe with a bright cashmere beanie. Hat ($168) by Elie Tahari.
10. Fingerless cashmere gloves are essential for texting on the go. Gloves ($470) by Raif Adelberg.
11. Opt for rugged lug-soled boots that are sturdy enough for snow and stylish enough to wear with a suit. Boots ($700) by Church's.
12. Thick, cushioning rag socks are a must with stiff winter boots. Socks ($19 for two pairs) by L.L. Bean.
13. Winter-weight corduroys are a great alternative to basic dark denim. Pants ($189) by 7 for All Mankind.
14. Layer with a henley to bring warmth and dimension to any ensemble; the narrow placket gives it a modern feel. Henley ($98) by John Varvatos USA.
15. A chunky cable-knit turtleneck sweater is a cold-weather must. Sweater ($1,450) by Black Fleece by Brooks Brothers.
1. Nothing conveys classic warm-weather elegance like a comfortable band-collar shirt. Shirt ($590) by Gucci.
2. A striped tee is ideal for sunny day jaunts. Shirt ($76) by Won Hundred.
3. Tortoiseshell frames always look good on the beach. Sunglasses ($485) by Mark McNairy & Garrett Leight.
4. Sun-kissed, buttersoft jeans are a must for casual oceanfront dining. Jeans ($198) by True Religion.
5. These cotton tees pack up small and stay fresh until you're ready to wear them. T-shirt ($28) by Bread & Boxers.
6. Get a Dopp kit with a rubberized, waterproof bottom. Dopp kit ($165) by Jack Spade.
7. Too much sun wreaks havoc on your skin and leads to premature aging. Relieve tired eyes and prevent wrinkles with a high-performing, UV-blocking facial moisturizer. Facial Fuel UV Guard SPF 50+ ($36) by Kiehls.
8. Ward off mosquitoes with an herbal bug spray that won't make you smell like a chemical bath. Bug spray ($20) by Malin + Goetz.
9. For an even tan, you need a lightweight sunscreen that's easy to blend. Sunscreen Cream High Protection SPF 30 ($32) by Clarins.
10. Swim trunks with a microfloral print will set you apart from the pack. Swimsuit ($195) by Onia.
11. An oversize canvas tote makes for the perfect beach carryall. Bag ($1,150) by Bottega Veneta.
12. Get your espadrilles in a material that's comfortable but luxe, like these perforated suede beauties. Shoes ($560) by Louis Vuitton.
13. When venturing beyond the beach, opt for shorts cut just above the knee. Shorts ($360) by Prada.
14. A durable, lightweight nylon suit won't wrinkle when you pack it, and the jacket (top right) and pants are easy to wear as separates. Suit ($895 for jacket, $375 for pants) by Orlebar Brown and Thom Sweeney.
15. For chilly, moonlit evenings, pack a nautical sweater with a color-block pattern. Sweater ($420) by Dries Van Noten.
• • •
—The Details editors