Designer couple Steven Cox and Daniel Silver's brand Duckie Brown has been, to coin their phrase, "dressing men beautifully" for years. Following the duo's fall partnership with Perry Ellis, Duckie Brown has been nominated for the 2013 CFDA's Menswear Designer of the Year Fashion Award. Details caught up with Cox and Silver for style tips on footwear, bodyscpaing, and why you should always wear good underwear.
1. Cashmere socks for flying, and a big cashmere scarf that can be your own personal blanket.
2. Personal grooming is as important as anything you put on your body. Get your hair cut often. If you're asking yourself if you need a shave—the answer is always yes.
3. Bodyscape. Everyman has unwanted hair in the most unusual places. No one wants to see your nose hairs or wiry hair sticking out from your ears. Never wax or thread your eyebrows, just have the barber trim them during your haircut.
4. If people comment on your fragrance you're wearing too much.
5. Every man needs a great dark suit, white shirt, and pair of black dress shoes. This is investment shopping and will last you a long time.
6. Never wear a hybrid shoe/sneaker. Wear one or the other—a beautiful shoe or a great sneaker.
7. No shoe lasts forever. Buy a new pair of shoes twice a year. A great pair of shoes will make your look.
8. The only bit of jewelry a man should wear is a great watch.
9. Your bathing suit should be at least as big as the underwear you wear. However, in private a speedo is a great thing to wear for a tan line.
—Andrew Villagomez. Follow him at @AndyVeeNYC
• • •