Spicy Spaghetti With Bottarga
Recipe courtesy of AltaMare, Miami Beach.
- 1 lb dried Rustichella d'Abruzzo brand farro spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh garlic
- 2 teaspoons hot red-pepper flakes
- 2 cups prepared fish stock
- 1 tablespoon finely grated mullet bottarga, or more to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 lemon
Cook the spaghetti in a large pot of well-salted boiling water until al dente. Warm the olive oil in a pan over medium-low heat, add the garlic, and sauté for 30 seconds. Add the red-pepper flakes and 1 1/2 cups of fish stock, increase heat, and bring to a low boil. Add 1 teaspoon of bottarga and the cooked pasta, tossing and adding more stock if pasta seems dry. Place in a serving dish and sprinkle with parsley and remaining bottarga to taste. Add a squeeze of lemon juice and serve.